Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Microwave popcorn

I tried this for the first time today, and I can't believe how simple and easy it is! I don't know why I waited so long but I think it's going to become a household staple.

What you need:
Paper bag- just plain brown lunchbags from Coles worked for me
1/4 cup popping corn

  1. Put 1/4 cup popcorn in a brown paper bag. Fold top over a few times and tape it.
  2. Place in microwave folded side up for 2 to 3 minutes or until there is 5 seconds between pops.
  3. Eat plain or add flavours (such as salt, butter, sugar, etc.)
And that's it! Easy peasy, no mess, healthy, plus the bag can be reused next time. The bags are actually a bit small for that amount of popcorn, so next time I'd probably use less popping corn.

And how's this for affordable- 1/4 cup popping corn is approx 50g, so you can get 10 serves for $2. Pretty cheap, huh? You can't buy the commercial pre-made stuff for that price.

Here's the website that I stole it from. Now I want to go and find how to make caramel popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment