Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cupcakes

I tried this recipe for the first time today. I found it at the Essential Baby forums, here's a link to the thread where it's discussed. This recipe couldn't be easier, because it's just adding ingredients into the mixer. The batter was so light and aerated, I've never had a cupcake mix look like that before! I didn't use the icing recipe though, I'll have to give that a go next time...

Here's the recipe:


Into 1 metric measuring cup (250ml) place 2 eggs then fill to the top with thickened cream. Pour into a mixing bowl.

Beat 1 minute with an electric mixer.

Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 3/4 cup caster sugar. Beat for 3 minutes.

Add 1 cup of SR flour (sifted 3 times) and fold into the mixture.

Spoon into patty pans and bake in a 160 degree oven until golden on top (this takes 17 minutes in my oven)


Buttercream icing

125g margarine at room temperature (it won't mix properly if too cold)
1 1/2 caps icing mixture
2 tbsp milk
colour if desired

Beat the margarine until white. Stir in the icing sugar then add the milk and beat for about 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment