Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chocolate Topping

Yes, you can make this yourself! I've only made it once, so I've got no tips yet, but it's easy to make and you end up with about 900mL of chocolate topping so it's heaps cheaper than buying ready made too!

6 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
6 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Water

Mix all ingredients together in a large saucepan and boil for 3 minutes. This will keep indefinitely. If using hot do not reboil.

See, could it be any easier?

2 comments:

  1. I used to use a similar recipe years ago and I was told it needed to be stored in the fridge. Does this sauce require refrigeration?
    I'm going to try this one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it needs to be kept in the fridge. I caught up with the friend that gave me the recipe today, and that's what he told me, so it must be true LOL He also said that it's normal for it to be fairly runny when you cook it for the 3 minutes, but if you leave it longer the sauce goes thicker and would be harder to pour. It's also normal for it to be a bit grainy or slightly lumpy. He suggests running it through a sieve and into a bowl while it's still hot (straight off the stove), and then pour it into your bottle (I use a 1lt plastic sauce bottle) when it's cooler, or it will melt or soften the plastic. All good things to know! Though it is going to take us a long time to get through 900mls of chocolate sauce!

    ReplyDelete